A closer look to the No-Nonsense player role in Football Manager.
What is a No-Nonsense Full Back?
Football Manager states: The No-Nonsense Full-Back knows his strengths and weaknesses and focuses predominantly on his defensive duties, scarcely going forward into a more attacking role.
The No-Nonsense Full-Back is only available with a Defend Duty.
Main focus is defending
A No-Nonsense Full Back is a defensive player role that focuses on defending and clearing the ball rather than contributing to the team's attacking plays. The role of a No-Nonsense Full Back is to provide defensive support to the team's backline and prevent the opposition from scoring goals. These players are typically strong tacklers, excellent at blocking crosses and shots, and can clear the ball effectively.
When do I pick a No-Nonsense Full Back?
A No-Nonsense Full Back is an excellent choice for teams that require a more defensive approach. This player role is perfect for teams that prefer to play a counter-attacking style, where the primary focus is on defending and quick transitions. When playing against teams with quick wingers or attacking full-backs, a No-Nonsense Full Back can be a valuable addition to the squad to provide added defensive support.
Which attributes does a No-Nonsense Full Back need?
The primary attributes that a No-Nonsense Full Back needs are defensive abilities. This player role requires excellent tackling, marking, and positioning skills. Additionally, the player should have good physical attributes such as strength, stamina, and jumping reach. Finally, the player should have decent technical attributes such as passing, crossing, and heading to contribute to set pieces.
What are the best player traits for a No-Nonsense Full Back?
Player traits are actions a player will more likely perform during a match than others.They don't give him extra abilities, but will affect his decision making. A player trait can be learned through individual training or through mentoring.
- Plays Short Simple Passes - A No-Nonsense Full-Back doesn't need creativity. If he has the ball, it is his job to give it to another player.
- Runs with ball rarely - This decreases the chance of a player picking a run ahead of a simple pass. This is useful to keep players in their position.
- Plays no Through Balls - This will decrease the frequency of a player looking for a through ball.
Tactical style or team instructions for a No-Nonsense Full Back
A No-Nonsense Full Back is best suited for a team that plays a defensive style of football. This player role is perfect for teams that prefer a counter-attacking style, where the primary focus is on defending and quick transitions. Setting team instructions to play more defensive football, including a deep defensive line, can help to utilize the No-Nonsense Full Back's defensive skills.
No-Nonsense Full Backs in Football Manager 2023
A selection of players that can play in the No-Nonsense Full-back Role.
- sell value
- Alfredo González B..DR, DC, WBRDR, WBR
- € 3,000
- Ben MeeDL, DCDL, DC
- € -2
- Gabriel MercadoDR, DCDR
- € -2
- Nicolás TagliaficoDL, WBL, MLDL, WBL
- € 45,921,300
- Gonzalo MontielDR, WBRDR
- € 17,882,260
- Juan FoythDR, DC, DMDR, DC
- € 48,108,540
- Joel WardDR, DL, DCDR
- € 2,335,250
- Kieran TrippierDR, DL, WBRDR, WBR
- € -2
- Janoi DonacienDR, DL, DC, WBRDR, DC, WBR
- € 16,150
- Benjamin WhiteDR, DCDR, DC
- € -2
- Lloyd KellyDL, DCDL, DC
- € 21,601,020
- Kenny TeteDR, WBRDR, WBR
- € 22,372,710
- Eyad Abu-AbiedDR, DCDR, DC
- € 81,400
- Giovanni Di LorenzoDR, WBR, MRDR
- € 71,102,860
- Davide CalabriaDR, WBRDR, WBR
- € 82,830,300
- Nicolas CozzaDL, DC, WBLDL, DC
- € 3,096,640
- Žarko TomaševićDL, DC, WBLDL, DC, WBL
- € -2
- Ion EchaideDR, DL, DCDL, DC
- € -1
- Joseba ZalduaDR, WBRDR
- € 5,775,940
- Lucas HernándezDL, DCDL, DC
- € 44,921,420