Sports Interactive have released the second winter update for Football Manager 2023. This update adds transfers from the February transfer windows and addresses several bugfixes.
All gameplay adjustments will take effect in current careers, although you will need to begin a new save game to take advantage of the data updates.
The changes in the 23.4 update include, but are not limited to:
- Fixed rare crash affecting some users with saves started with December 2022 start date
- Addressed an issue where users can’t ask the board to upgrade Youth Recruitment to maximum level
- Addressed an issue where the Team Instructions will disappear when users change formation via the Formation dropdown menu in Tactics
- Fixed an issue where Wing Play and Route One tactical styles are missing from the Tactical Style dropdown menu in Tactics
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to unlock the ‘On Top of the World’ achievement on Microsoft Store
FMI Database & Update
As you may expect we will be upgrading our player and club database to make sure they connect with the official FM23 database. There will also be a special release of the Football Manager Update that is compatible with the latest database and patch. This update will also adress many missed transfers or any other data changes such as missed staff, players and edited personal player data.
You can find these here:
Save Game Compatible
If you have a fun save going on and you aren't too keen on starting a new save with updated squads, the majority of the fixes in this update are in fact save game compatible. However, for league rule changes or league updates a new save game is required.
How do I update my FM?
Simply close the game and restart or start the game if you weren't playing. Your client will then automatically download and install the update.
If you encounter an issue with FM2023, please report it at the official forums of Sports Interactive.