This adds more realistic transfer preferences for all 228 nations.
Credits to this file go to majesticeternity
The real life transfer market is extremely complex, and every nation has their own tendencies. These tendencies vary greatly.
For example, Northern Ireland may get their players mostly from within their own nation, or from Ireland, and never from South America.
Whereas Scotland may get more players from England than their own nation, and randomly in small numbers from all over the European continent.
This "transfer flow" for each nation is poorly represented in FM.
In the default database, there are 3 sections regarding transfers, yet England has nation preferences set for only 2 out of 228 nations, and the continent and region sections are completely empty.
This file changes that.
We have compiled huge amounts of research/data/charts/etc and combined our work, to create the largest and most realistic set of transfer preferences ever created for FM.
- Increased number of transfers within the same nation, for all 228 nations
- Reduced overall number of transfers
- Reduced China's strength in buying too many good players
- Removed every nation's ability to scout everywhere at any time
- Applied data for incoming transfers and loans for past 2 decades(if possible) to top 35 nations
- Top 35 Nations have individual transfer preferences applied for 65-70 nations
- Top 35 Nations have individual transfer preferences applied for all 21 regions
- Top 35 Nations have individual transfer preferences applied for all continents
- Added age restrictions for a few nations (USA, China, Japan, Turkey, Ireland, Serbia, Switzerland)
- Minor increase in Scotland/Ireland to encourage English transfers to those countries
- Affiliations increased within the same nation
- Affiliation tendencies applied to top 20 nations
Tips for a realistic set-up
Any nations not loaded as playable are hardly used for transfers. This means your save setup could be unrealistic.
For example, you want to manage in Portugal, and load England, Spain, Italy, and France also. This means Brazil is left out, the nation that Portugal most often gets players.
So, here is a list of basic guides by nation, to help you set up a decent save.
The most important nations are listed first, then gradually less important, followed by optional ones.
If you like this creation, and want to support our weeks of work, please donate
How to install Realistic Transfer Preferences
- Download the file
- Make sure the .fmf file is stored in \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\editor data
- Start Football Manager and start a new career.
- When selecting your database files, make sure the editor file is ticked
- Continue to Advanced Settings
- Once you have selected your Nations & Leagues you can start your game.
Having troubles installing the file? Have a look at our guide on how to start a new save in Football Manager.