Returning after a one year hiatus, I’m delighted to announce the return of TCS’19. During my year off from publicly releasing skins, I learned a lot about not only skin making, but also UX design, and I can’t wait to show off my skin.
Things are going to be slightly different from my previous approaches however, this year I won’t be taking requests, I won’t be offering tech support, nor will I be supporting any other resolutions than 1920×1080, I’ve had a significant decrease in my free time, so messing around with things that don’t affect me will naturally fall to the wayside.
v1.1 in all essence is a massive bug bash, having not released a skin for a while I was bound to slip up and make a few mistakes, which i did, mainly leading to a poorer experience for players using the zoom function, hopefully that should be rectified with this new version.
The main feature for v1.1 is the Aero skin has been completely overhauled, with new graphics for the entire skin being created and tweaked along with new graphics colours, the introduction of transparency (and reduction in some cases), to popups, and other panels should lead to a better user experience and offer a more consistent and higher quality skin.
As well as this we’ve introduced a new background selector in the base + WorkTheSpace skin, along with a more advanced selector for the Aero skin, with big credits going to Bossland (YACS Skin) for letting me borrow code and concepts from his. v1.1 also sees the introduction of various panels for the selector panel.
– Tweaked containers so the skin should resize better when Zoomed
– Changed slight insets on inbox panel
– Zoomed graphics ammended for Inbox Panel when using Aero Skin.
– Fixed ‘inner’ graphics on personal news when using Aero Skin.
– Fixed Bug with translations on Player Overview.
– Added two new comparison widgets to small selectors.
– Added Player Status information to Personal Details widget (Contraced to X, On Loan at Y, etc)
– Added Label to International Records on Personal Details widget.
– Adjusted attributes container height on Player Overview Popup.
– Adjusted container classes and heights on Player Training, and Dynamics page.
– Added custom made Medical Report widget to the Attributes container.
– Fixed bug when editing player attributes with the IGE, when using the attributes boxes mod.
– Added custom made Transfer Status widget to small selector.
– Complete overhaul with graphics for Aero Skin.
– Added two Background Selectors
– Base & WTS Skin, gives users the ability to choose between the default background and teams ‘primary’ background.
— Credit to Bossland (YACS Skin) for the code used for the Primary Background.
— Aero, functions like a regular background selector.
– Increased size of bottom container for competition draws.
– Skin should adapt better to zoom and/or smaller resolutions.
– Changed appearance of menu dropdowns.
– Added Background Selector to titlebar.
– Fixed bug with picking buttons.
– Fixed bug with text on manager home screen when unemployed
– Added tcs-style container to medical centre to bring the panel inline with rest of skin.
– Fixed bug on tactics screen with player instructions when using Aero Skin.
– Fixed bug on tactics screen with image borders.
– Fixed bug with font recolouring on the Main Menu when using teams who use white as their primary colour.
– Fixed bug on the upcoming fixtures panel when using teams who use white as their primary colour.
– Fixed bunch of transparency bugs in Aero Skin
– Added ticket to match preview.
– Tweaks to in between highlights panel
— Graphics overhauled
— Added ability to completely hide formation or player stats on both sides
This skin has improved panels to use with the DF11 2019 Facepack.
How to use the TCS’19 Skin in your copy of Football Manager 2019
- Download the file and use a tool like 7zip or Winrar to extract the items from the folder.
- Extract contents of the folder in the zipped file to:
\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\skins\
If the graphics and/or faces folders don’t exist, you can create them.
- Run Football Manager and navigate to Preferences > Interface
In the skin dropdown you will be able to select the new skin.
- Hit confirm.
If you did it correctly, a box will pop-up that says: Loading image data for the new skin.
For more installation instructions for facepacks, logopacks and other graphics please have a look at our special custom skin guide.